My Aged Care – Commonwealth Home Support Programme Reablement training Podcasts
This is a series that’s all about making each and every day as good as it can be, wherever we call home, for whoever lives there and whatever their status. You can listen to each podcast in the series below.
The podcasts are also posted on the My Aged Care podbean site. If you would like more information or to leave a comment for My Aged Care, please link to their podcast site.
Reablement conversations with Hilary O’Connell
Hilary O’Connell, our Principal Advisor of Healthy Ageing and Reablement, has also been chatting with a diverse range of people working in aged care and getting their insights, success stories and a few tips and tricks on reablement. Listen to this fascinating series today.
More content of interest for Homecare Providers
- Reablement and DiversityWellness and Reablement approaches apply to people from all cultural backgrounds. It is important that the information they receive is culturally appropriate and understood by the individual and there are opportunities provided to optimise their independence and well-being.
- Living well with dementiaThere are potential benefits associated with exercise, including helping people living with dementia to maintain or improve everyday function and independence.
- Let’s talk Wellness and ReablementThis approach known as wellness and reablement builds on people’s strengths and goals to promote greater independence and autonomy.
- A Wellness and Reablement approach – A cultural changeStaff at every level within the organisation need to view success through the lens of the consumer who no longer requires support or requires a decrease in support, as they have been assisted in gaining or regaining a skill or confidence to achieve their goal/s.
- Implementing ReablementThe implementation of short term Reablement support involves active assessment, goal setting, planning, positive risk taking, and a focus on outcomes.