General FAQ about KeepAble
Wellness and reablement is for anyone who wants to maintain or improve wellbeing and independence as they age. Wellness and reablement is an inclusive approach irrespective of a person’s age, capacity, diagnosis, or setting. If you are seeking care at home, wellness and reablement should be considered first.
Keep Able is continuously growing and developing to meet the needs of CHSP providers. We currently have a whole section dedicated to professional development resources.
We have developed bite-sized professional development sessions with support materials, e_Learning modules, and support videos around wellness and reablement.
We have also produced an interactive roadmap to assess where your organisation is at with embedding wellness and reablement services and tips around how to reach a higher level of delivery.
If you have any ideas or topics you would like to see, complete the ‘Count Me in’ form and add your suggestions in the comment box.
Resources for Homecare Providers
- Making choices, finding solutionsThis guide has been developed so people can make informed decisions when choosing assistive technology and home modification solutions. Review the eBook online.
- KeepAble resources to downloadThis page provides links to all our resources for download on one page. We do suggest reading the supporting articles however to gain a true understanding of the accompanying resource.
- It’s time to get serious about goal settingFor those accessing aged care supports, setting goals and planning towards achieving them provides the person a voice, making them and what they wish to achieve the focal point of the support being provided.
- Guide to writing support plansA support plan provides guidance to clients and support staff so they can work together to achieve the client’s goals.
- Preparing your annual wellness and reablement reportCompiling your annual wellness and reablement report requires preparation and ensuring you have collected the right data.
- Assistive Technology Essentials (Part one)The aim of this guide is to build awareness and knowledge among Commonwealth Home Support Programme
(CHSP) service providers and the broader aged care sector of the benefits of Assistive Technology (AT) and the role it plays as part of a wellness and reablement service delivery approach with improved outcomes for older people.
- Assistive Technology Essentials (Part two)Assistive Technology Essentials Part 2 is a guide for consumers, families, practitioners, and the home support sector that support them. Based on the best available evidence and extensive practice knowledge, this resource is a valuable knowledge translation tool in the rapidly evolving landscape of assistive technology.
- Group Social Support – It starts with a conversationInitial conversations undertaken with clients need to explore how they previously socialised, what prevents them from returning to previous activities, how long has it been, and how they envisage their social network to look in the future.